Submission Guidelines For Articles, Papers, Cases, Book Reviews & Web links
- Guidelines for Authors
- Guidelines for Articles
- Guidelines for Cases
- Guidelines for Book Reviews
- Guidelines for Web links
Similibis.com invites the submission of articles, essays, book-reviews, case studies, research and correspondence that relate to homeopathy, health, alternative and conventional medicine. The purpose is to provide a free platform for learning and professional growth and interaction. We look forward to receiving your submission.
These guidelines are offered as a way to support your work and to set broad parameters for submission to this publication. Please do not hesitate to email us if you have questions or concerns about an article you are thinking about to write. We are happy to discuss article ideas with willing writers/authors.
Similibis.com gets millions of visitors everyday and our readers include not only professional homeopaths but also students, lay homeopaths, nurses, conventional doctors, patients and people looking for health related information. We have readers from all over the world who vary widely in practice experience, homeopathic philosophy and access to homeopathic education. Because of this, we aim to provide a reading culture which is equally varied, while staying within the (debatable!) confines of classical homeopathy. All articles are reviewed by our editors and expert panels before publication. Articles may be sent back for revisions, when applicable.
Subjects to write about:
- Homeopathy in general
- Allied Medical Science
- History of homeopathy and History of medicine
- Organon and philosophy (general and approach of specific stalwarts)
- Repertory (general and details/approach to various repertories)
- Homeopathic pharmacy
- Materia medica
- Therapeutics (with full medical information about the disease being covered)
- Research (clinical/physical) related to homeopathy and Allied Medical Science
- Seminar reports
- Alternative medicine, health, well being and fitness, vaccination
- Book-reviews of Homeopathic, Allied and alternative medicine books
- Information about health related topics etc.
- Unpublished or Published articles can be submitted to Similibis.com for publication. But If published earlier, then the article should be written or compiled or authored by the author/writer.
- There is no maximum word limit for the articles or cases.
- Articles and cases relating to history of medicine can also be submitted for publication.
- Articles, Papers or Cases can be submitted by people who have not authored them if they obtain explicit permission from the author or the publisher to reproduce it at Similibis.com.
- To submit articles - send your articles as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. The articles can be in .doc/.html/.txt/.rtf/.pdf format. Articles should be typed in double space.
- You can also submit your articles on
a CD or Floppy (non-returnable) to the following address:
139, Katju Nagar,
Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Pin (zip) -457 001
- Include a brief bio on yourself: 2-3 lines only. Send a photograph if possible.
- Italicize all remedies and spell out remedy names completely (i.e. Hepar sulphuricum., not Hep. sulph.. The first word in a two word Latin named remedy is capitalized, the second is not.)
- Use appropriate references, acknowledgments and credits when necessary for books, periodicals, teachers, and computer programs. We encourage the referencing of data with superscript numbers in the text and a listing of these sources at the end of the article as Endnotes.
- Do not submit your article simultaneously to other publications.
- The copyright of all the articles, cases, images and any other material submitted to Similibis.com for publication, unless otherwise specified, is retained by Similibis.com.
- Similibis.com reserves the right to republish the articles, cases, images and any other material submitted to it for publication, on any of its sister sites or journal (electronic or paper) in any language.
- The authors are solely responsible for the content of their articles. By publishing an article or case, Similibis.com or its directors/editors do not endorse the views of the author. The author is solely responsible for any legal action/consequences arising due to and from any article, case, image or any other information submitted by the author to Similibis.com.
- There must be at least one year follow-up for all chronic cases, and appropriate follow-up for acute cases.
- You should take a patient's consent prior to submitting his/her case to our journal/website. Similibis.com will not be responsible for any litigation arising from non-compliance of this suggestion. Change identifying information as necessary.
- For chronic cases, we are interested in your thought processes during case taking and case analysis and those which reflect your thoughts about the case over long term follow-up. We are less interested in cases which don't teach much. Feel free to elaborate on the how and why you managed the case as you did. Let readers see your shortcomings, what didn't work and why and how you were able to turn a case around.
- For acute cases it is not necessary to elaborate so, but do discuss your differential diagnosis in terms of allopathic diagnosis if relevant, as well as the remedy selection.
- If you use other modalities simultaneously, describe these in detail: diet, herbal medicine, nutrition, etc. Most readers are curious as to how other people actually practice in the larger scheme of things.
- If you are presenting a case of an unusual pathology, please describe briefly the patho-physiology and usual prognosis.
- Discuss the allopathic treatments which are being used simultaneously.
- Include repertorization- why you chose those rubrics, how you actually did the repertorization.
- Offer comparative materia medica if possible.
Similibis.com is the only homeopathy website which publishes extensive book reviews. Authors and publishers get a unique chance to promote their books among the largest online homeopathic community.
- Books can be sent to Similibis.com for review by Similibus.com editors.
- Books should be related to homeopathy, alternative medicine or holistic health.
- Send 1 copy of the book you want to get reviewed
139, Katju Nagar,
Ratlam, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Pin (zip) -457 001
- The author or the publisher will bear the cost of the book and the postage for the book. Under no circumstances shall Similibis.com or its directors or its editors pay for the books or their postage.
- All books sent to Similibis.com are non-returnable.
- Although Similibis.com tries to publish reviews of all the books, it does not guarantee that it would publish review of every book that it receives.
- Although Similibis.com tries to review the books at the earliest possible, there is no fixed time frame during which a book is reviewed.
- Similibis.com retains exclusive copyright to all the book-reviews written by its editors and published at Similibis.com.
If you provide some content (like drug proving, online books etc.) or services on your website that you want us to link in our relevant sections, send the information to us with proper details. Similibis.com, with it's millions of users can help to popularize your content and services on the Net.
We expect a reciprocal link in your relevant section .
Please do send us the information about your content and services.